DREAM DICTIONARY - Panic : When you panic you stop reacting in a rational way
so panic probably captures ways in which you are trying to
overcome irrationality. If you did not know what to do
yesterday then its probably a dream related to that. It might
hint at how you would like to have acted?
Panic also appears in dreams when life has just changed in some way. Suddenly life is very different. Perhaps you have lost a job? Maybe someone has just died? In some way your world has changed and you really don't know what to do just yet. You need to settle down and think carefully.
QUESTIONS to help you make associations(pick the one that makes most sense to you)
- Are you worrying about some task or situation on the day to come?
- Did you feel unable to act in some situation yesterday?
- Are you having to complete some task which you simply have to get right?
- Do you feel really unsettled by something that has happened or something that someone has said?
- Do you feel a lack of control over some aspect of your life?
KEY WORDS : Unsettled, disruption,change, worry, lack of control, powerless, lack of ability, testing, monitored(write down some quotes that capture your key feelings on issues that have been dominating your mind. Then see if any of these words could appear in those quotes)
KEY PHRASES(Pick a quote which captures your feelings right now. Think especially of the day before the dream) :
- "I feel unsettled by his response"
- "There is a lot of disruption in my life right now"
- "I feel generally unsettled right now"
- "I need to accept these changes"
- "I should be worrying more about this"
- "It is a big day tomorrow"
- "I do not think have prepared well enough for tomorrow"
- "I just do not know what to do!"
- "I feel a total lack of control over my life"
- "I seem unable to act"
- "I really let myself down"
- "I do not feel I have the abilities to do that"
- "It was quite a testing moment yesterday"
- "I just hope I got it right! I simply cannot afford to make a mistake!"
- "She is watching every move I make and will pounce on any mistake"
- "I am not sure she would be able to cope"
DREAM WORK : Now write down some quotes that sum up your thoughts and feelings right now. Concentrate on incidents the day before, paranoia#146;s and fantasies, health issues, challenges of the day ahead. Then try to see where the words and phrases above appear in your quotes.
OTHER LINKS anxious dreams worry dreams nervous dreams anger dreams calm dreams calming-down dreams annoy dreams directing dreams transform dreams task dreams rent dreams
Example dream : Not panicking in a dream was linked to the dreamers recovery from a nervous breakdown. The dream took her to a place where she was likely to suffer terrible panic attacks. Yet she was quite calm and happy and this was symbolic of her ability to handle stress in the wider world. Her dream noted this recent improvement in her self assurance and personal confidence.
Example dream : a state of panic symbolised the dreamers feelings about her son moving back in. It was all a bit too much - it upset her routine .
Example dream : A panic dream represented the dreamers knowledge that she could not cope doing something that she would soon have to do. Everyone was expecting her to set up her own business after finishing college but she was not confident in ways like that.
Example dream : Panic symbolised the dreamers fear that her mother would stay in Japan (where she had just gone on holiday ) - she had a history of leaving without saying anything to her daughter. This really unsettled the dreamer.
Example dream : A panic dream symbolised the dreamers realisation that she should not cheat on her boyfriend. She was playing with fire and things could turn nasty if she was found out.
Example dream : Panic in the dream was related to the dreamers father who had just died. She was panicked in real life - unsettled by her fathers death.
Example dream : A dream which the dreamer kept waking up in a panic was thought to be a premonition of a fire in the dreamers house.
HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.