DREAM DICTIONARY - Pain :
But we also feel pain in an emotional sense and so try to spot a feeling of humiliation or a real sense of loss. If you have just ended a relationship then it maybe easily related to that. If you feel betrayed or if people have been making nasty comments then its probably linked to that.
KEY WORDS :
- "listening to someones troubles"
- "unwell at time of dream"
- "uncomfortable during sleep"
(write down some quotes that capture your key feelings on issues that have been dominating your mind. Then see if any of these words could appear in those quotes)
KEY PHRASES(Pick a quote which captures your feelings right now. Think especially of the day before the dream) :
- "I realise that I will have to make a lot of sacrifices if it is to succeed"
- "I realise how much I missed out on"
- "Yesterday was quite difficult for me emotionally"
- "I do not like to see him this way"
- "I understand the pain he felt"
- "There is such a lack of real meaning to my life"
- "I have put so much effort into it that I do not want to give up now"
- "Its really difficult to accept"
- "Its something that really hurts and offends me deep down. Its a mistake"
- "Its a significant moment and I felt a real sense of loss"
- "I know that I should not push the situation as it could cause me trouble"
- "There is someone close to me whose health I have been worried about "
- "I had a hard day yesterday"
- "I have been feeling pain and its starting to worry me. I wonder if it is anything serious"
- "I was sleeping in a very uncomfortable and awkward position"
- "I woke up with feeling pain in exactly the same place as in my dream"
DREAM WORK : Now write down some quotes that sum up your thoughts and feelings right now. Concentrate on incidents the day before, paranoia#146;s and fantasies, health issues, challenges of the day ahead. Then try to see where the words and phrases above appear in your quotes.
QUESTIONS to help you make associations(pick the one that makes most sense to you)
- Did you wake up in pain - maybe having slept in an uncomfortable position?
- What difficult emotions have you been struggling with recently?
- What painful thoughts and situations did you encounter on the day before the dream?
- Have you gained an insight into someone's real emotional pain?
EXAMPLE DREAMSExample dream : A pain dream linked to the dreamers friend telling her all her troubles the day before. She had gained an insight into her friends problems and felt her 'pain'.
Example dream : Pain symbolised a series of sly nasty comments made to the dreamer by her sister in law. The pain was symbolic of the real hurt which the dreamer felt.
Example dream : The pain and suffering in a dream was linked to real life pain caused by a falling out. The dreamer had just lost a friend over a stupid argument and was now dreading their first meeting - it might be extremely painful
Example dream : Feeling pain in a dream linked to the dreamers suspicions about her boyfriend. She did not trust what he said as he was obviously lying - the pain linked to the feelings of hurt as she suspected that she was being cheated upon.
Example dream : Pain in a dream linked to the dreamer feeling extremely uncomfortable and pressured about a telephone call.
Example dream : Pain in a dream symbolised the dreamer being very upset and traumatised by her split with her boyfriend. So we can see pain in a dream translates directly into the word "upset" and "traumatised" and that bith of these words featured in a key thought process at the time "I was very upset about how badly the break up went last night."
Example dream : A girl trying to calm down and tell the someone her pain symbolised the dreamers own need to calm down and let off steam . She had been arguing constantly for a long time and she felt a need to talk through her problems.
Example dream : A dream where the dreamer feels pain in her hips was linked to the dreamers worries about feeling pain during her pregnancy. So pain was a symbol for actual physical pain.
Example dream : A dream about suffering from cancer took place the day after a debilitating foot injury flared up. The dreamer hated this pain and had felt pessimistic at the thought that he would have to live with it again.
Example dream : Pain in a dream linked to the dreamers extremely bleak view of the world. The dreams meaning revolved around this theme of "bleak view" and overall the dream was triggerd by this feeling "I have such a bleak view of the world and want to die! I see the worst in human nature and believe I will never enjoy life."
OTHER LINKS blood dreams wound dreams knife dreams attack dreams hurt dreams bleed dreams hospital dreams doctor dreams ambulance dreams stab dreams ruthless dreams sadist dreams feel dreams slimy dreams tears dreams asleep dreams cruise dreams felt dreams accident dreams agony dreams injury dreams teeth dreams tooth dreams excruciating dreams ouch dreams punish dreams remark dreams ecstacy dreams writh dreams torture dreams headache dreams throbbing dreams pounding dreams
This website has a huge collection of dreams. The accuracy of the dream symbolism depends on a huge huge number of practical examples. If you have a dream which you feel you understand then please send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would be delighted to add it to the collection.