DREAM DICTIONARY - Gun : Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate certain words within the English language. For instance guns will translate into words like "provoke","anger","confrontational","blame","argument","obsessive","insistent","passionate","phobia", "paranoia", "compel", "focus", "determined", "force", "prevent", "defend strongly", "threaten", "trauma" and "resist". (we will discuss why these words are on the list later).
Now try to see how words in this list feature in your thoughts. Think of the things that you write down in a diary or tell a friend. Its likely that dreams translate into conscious thoughts that you are all too aware of - nowadays not many people believe in the unconscious mind. If any of the thoughts that you have seem to feature words on the list then its likely that the dream could link to that exact thought - it may even portray that exact thought process. So if you have been feeling that "recently you have been full of anger" then a gun dream may portray that feeling exactly.
By studying hundreds of dreams we know in practice exactly the sorts of thoughts and feelings that may have triggered your dream. So if you have felt any one of the following its likely that your dream translates into that exact phrase. - "there was a CONFRONTATION" - "I told him PRECISELY"
- "I got totally blamed"
- "she picks up on my every fault "
- "My INHIBITIONS were obvious"
- "FOCUSING PRECISELY on... "
- "The FOCUS was concentrated on her"
WHY ARE THESE KEY WORDS LINKED TO THIS SYMBOL? - "provoke" (people holding guns are obviously provocative)
- "anger" (a person likely to use a gun is often angry)
- "confrontational" (using a gun is a very high level of confrontation
- "blame" (pointing a gun is a bit like pointing a finger of blame)
- "argument" (people with guns have very strongly held views)
- "obsessive" (in practice people who are obsessive are also showing behaviour which links in with other key words such as "argumentative", "angry", "insistent" and "passionate")
- "insistent" (if someone is forcing you to do something with a gun then they are insisting)
- "passionate" (people who hold guns are often very passionate in their views)
- "phobia" (phobic people often have very heightened emotions and behaviour which link in with the other keywords featured here such as blame and argument. A phobic person thinks that the world is pointing a finger at them and blaming them)
- "accusation" (pointing a gun is a bit like pointing an accusations finger at someone)
- "paranoia" (paranoid people believe that the world is against them and they will imagine highly confrontational situations like people pointing guns at them)
- "compel" (you can use a gun to compel someone to do something)
- "focus" (when someone holds a gun its a highly focused situation)
- "determined" (if you hold a gun then you are showing determination)
- "force" (obviously if someone is holding gun they intend to force you into doing something)
- "prevent" (if you are holding a gun you can prevent others doing something)
- "defend strongly"(if you have a gun then you can defend something)
- "threaten" (if you are holding a gun its a very threatening behaviour)
- "trauma" (a gun crime would obviously be something very traumatic and so this could represent any traumatic incident)
- "resist" and "able to resist" (if you hold a gun you are able to resist. A gun may also suggest that you are confident in your ability to withstand something).
QUESTIONS to help you make associations(pick the one that makes most sense to you)
- Does someone continually spot mistakes making you feel quite inhibited?
- Were you totally blamed for something yesterday?
- Was something highlighted by others yesterday?
OTHER LINKS knife dreams dagger dreams machine-gun dreams rifle dreams fight dreams anger dreams yell dreams shout dreams chasing dreams chased dreams murder dreams kill dreams death dreams attack dreams blame dreams snake dreams stab dreams blood dreams alive dreams aggressive dreams bullet dreams ruthless dreams execution dreams poison dreams missile dreams ramming dreams ballistic dreams hold dreams similar dreams vent dreams inform dreams like dreams held dreams bloodstream dreams cause dreams engine dreams event dreams finger dreams pass dreams
Example dream : A gun held to someone's head represented the dreamers thoughts about a friend who was fighting a very real struggle against depression. The dreamer was shocked by how paranoid and ill he had become - he actually believed that people were out to get him. He had said things which were clearly ridiculously paranoid yet he actually believed what he was saying. The gun represented the danger that he falsely believed he was in - caused by his extreme paranoia.
Example dream : A gun in a dream was linked to the dreamer realising that he wasn't thinking straight - the gun was a symbol of his fear that he may do something stupid (guns are often involved if things get out of hand)
Example dream : A gun in a dream linked to the dreamers thoughts about death as she had suffered several losses within a year and the last was very young. The gun was a symbol of the harm coming to these people - why did they die?
Example dream : Using a gun to try to shoot a lion but missing symbolised the dreamers mood the day before. He had sneakily tried to wind up a woman but ended up winding up himself
Example dream : A dream about a gun symbolised the argument the dreamer had just had with her boyfriend.
Example dream : A gun in a dream linked to the dreamer talking to his girlfriend - she accused him of behaving irresponsibly and drinking too much - this would get him into all kinds of trouble (He might end up in serious trouble eg guns).
Example dream : A gun in a dream linked to the dreamer moving in with her boyfriend. The gun was symbolic of the possibility of confrontation and worries that this could get totally out of hand. (a gun is obviously a symbol of excessive force)
Example dream : Pointing a gun in a dream linked to the dreamers recent state of mind - he was very confrontational and angry with the world - generally very bitter and twisted.
HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.