DREAM DICTIONARY - Finish :We all go through arguments and problems but there comes a time when we realise that we need to decide. Perhaps a finish in a dream symbolises your wish to end a relationship? There comes a time when we must make a major change because things are just not working out.
QUESTIONS to help you make associations(pick the one that makes most sense to you)
- Do you realise that you need to try harder to achieve something?
- Does some task seem endless right now?
- Did you realise yesterday how unprepared you are for something?
KEY WORDS : Try harder, try again, when its finished, gone on too long, unprepared, ready or not ready, over(write down some quotes that capture your key feelings on issues that have been dominating your mind. Then see if any of these words could appear in those quotes)
KEY PHRASES(Pick a quote which captures your feelings right now. Think especially of the day before the dream) :
- "I have got to try again but this time I will...."
- "I really should have tried harder"
- "I wish others would help out a lot more"
- "When its finished I can imagine how she feels"
- "The relationship seems to be continuing on"
- "This has gone on too long - its needs to end"
- "There is something that I need to do"
- "We are not as prepared as we would wish to be"
- "It has ended. I am having to get used to it"
- "I am just about ready now"
- "I am not sure if everyone else is ready for this"
- "its over"
EXAMPLE DREAMSExample dream : In one dream the dreamer had finished doing something and was then left hanging. In real life he had cut himself off from people and had left himself without any options. Finishing doing something was a symbol of him having done something which left him without any options.
Example dream : Saying that her and her boyfriend were finished simply captured the dreamers belief that the arguments were getting too much and she needed to ditch him . There comes a point when you ask the question - should a relationship continue. She may later relent or not follow through with a decision to end the relationship but at the time of this dream she was asking herself if the relationship should continue.
Example dream : A house where none of the rooms were finished linked to the dreamer thinking through her family problems. Finished equated to her being able to resolve these problems.
OTHER LINKS snake dreams bye dreams hard dreams gone dreams hour dreams complete dreams end dreams start dreams halt dreams stop dreams cruise dreams
This website has a huge collection of dreams. The accuracy of the dream symbolism depends on a huge huge number of practical examples. If you have a dream which you feel you understand then please send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I would be delighted to add it to the collection.