DREAM DICTIONARY - Devastate :Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance a "devastated" dream may simply capture your feeling that "I realise how important he is to me and I couldn't lose him" and so the devastation may translate into the words "important" and "loss". The dream uses devastation as we would use the word "loss" - it shows the depth of feeling involved.
WHY ARE THESE KEY WORDS LINKED TO THIS SYMBOL? - "emotional loss" (Devastation is a somewhat emotional word. So you should be able to spot what )
- "love" (Devastation dreams are specifically linked to love especially. If you realise how much you love someone then the devastation expresses that feeling of devastation if you were to lose them)
- "health problem" (Of course severe health problems can leave us feeling devastated. Think of any crippling illness that could or has left you feeling devastated )
- "someone's importance to you" (Its easy to spot a devastation dream. They often link to love and passion. They will often be triggered by you realising how important someone is to you - how you would be devastated if you lost them)
- "some thing's importance to you" (Did you realise just how important a job or group of friends were to you yesterday?)
- "devastated" (Simply how would you use this word yesterday)
EXAMPLE DREAMSExample dream : A dream where the dreamer was devastated by a baby dying in hospital linked to the dreamer actually working in an intensive care unit. A young baby was brought in in real life which was very sick. The dreamer had been thinking that it was so disabled that it could never have any quality of life. Being devastated in the dream linked to her being very affected emotionally by this child's terrible plight. This was made worse by her trying for a baby herself. The dream probably linked to this exact thought process "I have been very emotionally touched by this poor sick child. It's hit me worse because I am wanting to have a baby myself." The dream also maybe touched on the issue of euthanasia as the child was so sick that it might never have any quality of life.
Example dream : Feeling devastated symbolised the dreamers wish to see his ex. He was really missing her and thinking of just forming a friendship with her.
Example dream : In one dream the dreamer is devastated when her wedding ring is lost. The previous night she had sensed that something was wrong with her husband but he refused to talk. The meaning of the dream tapped into the feeling "I felt devastated when he refused to talk. (the dreamer felt an identical emotion as she did in the dream but in another setting) If we cannot talk through problems then our marriage means nothing."
Example dream : A dream in which the dreamer is devastated by her boyfriends death was linked to her realising how much she loved him. They had recently not talked for weeks on end.
Example dream : Devastation linked to the dreamers gloominess about his health problems. For years his health had been declining and was indeed 'devastated'. The previous day though he did something that he had not done for years - the dream was marking these changes for the better.
OTHER LINKS love dreams destroy dreams end-of-the-world dreams tidal-wave dreams apocalypse dreams execution dreams kill dreams death dreams waves dreams left dreams demolish dreams pass dreams annihilate dreams smash dreams
This website has a huge collection of dreams. The accuracy of the dream symbolism depends on a huge huge number of practical examples. If you have a dream which you feel you understand then please send it to me at email@example.com and I would be delighted to add it to the collection.