DREAM DICTIONARY - Demon : Understanding dreams is not so difficult. In practice dream symbols translate into certain words within the English language. For instance a demon dream may simply capture your feeling that "I was really abused" and so demon may translate into the word "abused" as the demon was a metaphor for this abuse.
In practice demons could translate into many words - here is the full list - "mischievous","bad habits", "selfish","racial abuse" ,"inherently evil","unjust", "abusive", "targeted" , "nasty", "violent", "fault", "in the wrong", "out to get you", "grudge", "twisted mind", "sleep paralysis", "prejudice", "malicious", "frightened" and "homophobic". (Try to see how these words are relevant. We will discuss why these words are on the list later).
Now try to see how words in this list feature in your thoughts. Think of the things that you write down in a diary or tell a friend. Its likely that dreams translate into conscious thoughts that you are all too aware of - nowadays not many people believe in the unconscious mind. If any of the thoughts that you have seem to feature words on the list then its likely that the dream could link to that thought - it may even portray that exact thought process. So if you have been feeling that "My son has been picking up some bad habits" then the demon in a dream may portray that feeling exactly. Often one of these key words will feature in just one thought. If key words were to feature in more than one issue then the dream could represent either issue. So you would look for further clues.
WHY ARE THESE KEY WORDS LINKED TO THIS SYMBOL? - "mischievous" (a demon portrays the devil inside a mischievous child)
- "bad habits"
- "selfish" (bad people are selfish)
- "racial abuse" (the act of a really evil person)
- "inherently evil" (devils are evil)
- "unjust" (devils are selfish and do not treat people fairly)
- "abusive" (demons could be a metaphor for any type of abusive behaviour)
- "targeted" (if you feel targeted in some way then you might suspect that whatever you do you cannot stop someone picking on you (even if you are clearly in the wrong - eg you have been picked on by the tax man))
- "nasty" (a demon hints at actions which are nasty and malicious)
- "violent" (we often associate evil with violence) - "at fault" (if we feel we are in the right then we will often believe that the other side is evil and twisted and malicious (all qualities that we associate with the devil))
- "in the wrong" (demons link to issues of right and wrong so someone who is in the wrong is portrayed as a demon)
- "out to get you"
- "grudge" (if someone has a grudge against you then nothing you can do will alter the actions. Their actions are inherently evil so they are portrayed by demons)
- "twisted mind" (good people think clearly and honestly whilst those who are selfish think in twisted and selfish ways)
- "sleep paralysis"
(prejudiced behaviour of any kind maybe linked to devils in dreams) - "malicious"
- "homophobic" (prejudiced behaviour of any kind maybe linked to devils in dreams)
QUESTIONS to help you make associations(pick the one that makes most sense to you)
- Were you really frightened the day before the dream in any way?
- Are you the victim of people who pick on you bully you?
- Have you been nasty or abusive to someone else recently?
- What bad habits are you picking up?
- Do you have any children who are picking up some bad new habits?
KEY WORDS : Frightened, racial abuse, malicious, bad habits, picking on someone(write down some quotes that capture your key feelings on issues that have been dominating your mind. Then see if any of these words could appear in those quotes)
KEY PHRASES(Pick a quote which captures your feelings right now. Think especially of the day before the dream) :
- "really frightened "
- "I was just evil to him yesterday"
- "racially ABUSED"
- "my sons are learning some BAD HABITS and I think they are being led astray"
- "being picked on"
- "Why did she do something so terrible to herself?"
OTHER LINKS church dreams monster dreams wolf dreams werewolf dreams anger dreams shout dreams yell dreams teacher dreams right dreams wrong dreams devil dreams haunt dreams lion dreams shark dreams snake dreams ghost dreams pirate dreams sinister dreams win dreams crocodile dreams god dreams dying dreams challenge dreams zombie dreams aim dreams creature dreams instruction dreams kind dreams lecture dreams asleep dreams cause dreams fishing dreams goldfish dreams objective dreams pamphlet dreams professor dreams rent dreams rottweiler dreams
Example dream : A dream where the dreamer faces a demon serpent was linked to the dreamer facing execution in real life the next day. She was facing a demon serpent rather than an executioner because she was being persecuted for her religious beliefs.
Example dream : A demon dream occurred whilst the dreamer was worrying about her sons bad habits. we often use the term 'little devil' to describe mischievous boys.
Example dream : A demon dream symbolised the dreamers recognition that she had acted very selfishly in starting a new relationship. It had been a selfish decision and had messed things up
Example dream : Demons in a dream linked to the dreamer being racially abused. The devil symbolised this racial abuse - behaviour which is inherently evil and unjust.
Example dream : A demon was symbolic of her mothers unbelievably selfish actions. She had just gone on holiday and someone had said that her mother would stay there. This was typical of the dreamers mother who would just up sticks and leave. To move without telling her daughter was an 'evil' act.
Example dream : A demon dream seemed to link to the dreamers worries about violent crime near where she lived.
Example dream : Fighting a demon linked to the dreamer struggling with real pain. The demon symbolised this health problem which she knew little about - it was an 'unknown force' causing her pain.
Example dream : A dream where the dreamers ex husband was a demon linked to his abuse. It was symbolic of the demon inside him.
Example dream : A dreamers demon dreams were linked to her fathers abusive behaviour. His behaviour was 'demonic'
Example dream : A demon in a dream was linked to the dreamers husband who was being threatened with deportation. The demon was therefore symbolic of the feeling that someone (the immigration authorities) were out to get him.
HOW TO HELP THIS WEBSITE: Google rates pages posted on Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites very highly. So if you have found this site useful please post it using the buttons below.